Windows 10 Power Plan Tweak for Optimal GPU Mining Rigmcminer | March 26, 2018 | 0 | how to , tips
You may have read our recent post on how to set your virtual memory in Windows 10.
This guide will show you how to set the ideal power plan for your mining rig running Windows 10 or Windows 7. Changing the power plan is essential to ensure the mining rig does not go to sleep during mining and to ensure you get the maximum performance from your power being consumed.
To change your power plan settings in Windows 10 and Windows 7, do the following:
- In windows search, type “Power Options” and press enter.
- Click on the “Show Additional Plans” option
- Select the “High Performance” plan option.
- Click the option “Change Plan Settings”.
- Select “Never” for all of the the dropdown options
- “Turn off the display – On Battery – Never”
- “Turn off the display – Plugged In – Never “
- “Put the computer to sleep – On Battery – Never”.
- ” Put the computer to sleep – Plugged In – Never”.
- Click “Change advanced power settings” and look for “PCI Express” -> “Link State Power Management“, make sure it is set to “OFF“, If this is already set to off then leave it as-is.
- Restart the mining rig.